Montreal is one of Canada’s most popular cities known for having the liveliest nightlife in the region. Keep in mind though that is more to Montreal than its nightlife. Here are a few compelling reasons to check the city out. And make sure you have your Montreal Travel Guide and Offline City Map when you do.
Canadians love good food, especially those who live in Montreal. Montreal has the most restaurants per capita in all of North America. Numerous food-related festivals are held throughout the year the most famous ones being the Burger Week and the MTL à Table. You can even get food without going to a restaurant. Food trucks roam all around the city during weekdays, most of them affiliated to a local chef. The star players of the Montreal food scene are of course still the restaurants. Here are the ones you should check out:
· The Manitoba in the Mile-Ex serves Nordic/boreal dishes
· The Junior in Griffintown specializes in Filipino cuisine
· The Salmigondis in Petite-Italie is known for its modern Italian cookery
· The Biiru in Downtown offers Japanese izakaya.
Architecture in Montreal is one of the most varied in North America with American, French, and English architecture being the main influencers. Canada is one of the most desirable immigration destinations in the world. Montreal has immigrants from Portugal, China, Israel, Italy, Ireland, Philippines, and more and these immigrants also brought their own styles and preferences in architecture. The marriage of so many architectural ideas makes exploring the city such a marvelous experience. Must-see structures include:
· Canadian Centre for Architecture
· Old-Montreal cobblestoned streets
· Plateau Mont-Royal townhouses
· Outremont mansions
The Unique Vibe
There are several things that make Montreal such a one-of-a-kind destination. Below are just some of them’
· It is the largest French-speaking city in the world after Paris.
· It is the most laid-back city in North America.
· It is technologically modern and traditionally artistic at the same time.
· Canadians are known the world over for being overly friendly and helpful.
You can find a truly extraordinary experience in Montreal. For more guides and offline digital maps, turn to eTips.