Shanghai is houses over 24 million people and is considered one of the most futuristic cities in the world. Below are a few reasons to visit this exhilarating, vibrant, and one-of-a-king metropolis. Also check out this Shanghai Travel Guide and Offline City Map for an easier time in the city.
New Foods and Drinks
Shanghai offers a wide variety of cuisines. You’ll surely be able to find one perfect for you regardless of what your preferences in food. Included in the list of dining establishments you should check out are:
· Jade on 36 – known for its amazing cocktails and an extensive panoramic view of the city.
· Lost Heaven – known for its Yunnan food made from ingredients that come from Burma and Lao. Its specialties include the Eggplant and Tofu Salad and Spicy Cod Steamed in Banana Leaves.
· Jesse's – serves authentic Shanghai cuisine such as Braised Pork in Soy Sauce and Crab Dumplings.
· Din Tai Fung – located just outside Yu Garden, this food house’s specialty is authentic Steamed Soup Dumplings.
· Lu Bo Lang – specializes in all kinds of fresh dumplings. This establishment has the prestige of serving important figures such as Queen Elizabeth and Bill Clinton.
· 1515 West – known for its western food especially its beef dishes.
· Kommune – a place with a relaxing atmosphere. It is popular for its fresh juices, iced coffees, and cold beers.
Old and New Sights
Shanghai is home to both ancient buildings and modern structures. There are so many notable ones it is impossible to check them all out in just one day. Below are some of them:
· Oriental Pearl Tower – this modern spherical building offers the best panoramic view of the whole city.
· Shanghai World Financial Center – China’s tallest building. It has several observation decks each offering a different view of the Shanghai made special thanks to their laminated glass floors.
· Yu Garden – a relic from the Ming Dynasty that houses several majestic ponds and amazing greenery.
· Jing 'An Temple – a grand, golden-hued holy palace with quite a rich history.
For an easier time planning your routes and navigating your way through world-famous destinations, get one of eTips’ reliable travel guides and offline virtual maps.