Visiting Budapest? Check out Budapest Travel Guide and Offline City Map. Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is also referred to as a paradise for explorers as one could find something interesting at every turn. The city is jam-packed with cool cafes, hipster hotels, and countless structures with grand and exciting architecture. Below are just a few of the many reasons!
1. It's affordable
Budapest is one of the cheapest tourist destinations in Europe. Your 3-day budget for other cities can last for more than a week on this one. Hotels, cafes, and pubs are everywhere and the tight competition makes the prices of their products and services quite consumer friendly.
2. Marvelous design
Numerous structural marvels are spread all around Budapest. Most popular ones are:
- Kiosk, Március – a former gymnasium converted into a bar and grill. It offers authentic Hungarian cuisine with an amazing view of the Danube. The interior is filled with remarkable items such as exposed brickwork, side tables made from oil drums, banquette seating made from alive leather lined with copper plates, light bulb clusters, and a real-looking faux tree planted at the heart of the bar. The mouthwatering smell of grilling is also a welcome bonus.
- Mazel Tov – an old courtyard transformed into a modern ruin pub. It has a glass roof light and a garden at the back and serves affordable Middle Eastern dishes.
- Menza – this eatery will take you back to the 70’s with its oversized plastic and copper pendant lighting, lurid ceilings, and loud, abstract floral walls. It serves simple and extremely affordable food.
3. Coveted filming location
Budapest is one of the most popular filming locations in Europe thanks to its distinctive Mitteleuropean atmosphere. It is a place where the chances of running into a world famous actor or an active film set is quite high.
4. The café culture
The rich café culture can already be enough justification to visit Budapest. It is the most populated city in Hungary and cafes are the primary means of satisfying the populace’s need for food and drinks.
5. The thermal baths
The mineral-rich thermal baths offer quite a unique experience and the Szechenyi Thermal Baths is the most popular. Chill your afternoon away and wander at:
- painted mint green changing rooms
- black and white tilted floors
- 15 indoor pools
- 3 outdoor pools
- 10 saunas and steam chambers
These are just a small sample of the numerous reasons you should visit Budapest. To know more, check out eTips.